The New Face of Office Collaboration
Statistics show that knowledge workers spend an average of 17 hours each month in meetings. This isn’t likely to change anytime soon, particularly in light of the growth in distributed employees and teams that must stay connected.
5 Ways Meetings are Changing
- The average length of a meeting has increased 10% in the last 15 years.
- The average duration of a meeting is now between 31 to 60 minutes.
- The average meeting has 9 participants.
- Participants say an average of 33% of meeting time is unproductive.
- More than 70% of senior managers agree that meetings are unproductive and inefficient.
Because people spend so much time in meetings, it is imperative to ensure that it is time well spent. High quality audio is essential to drive inefficiencies out of meetings.
What Will the Meeting of the Future Look Like?
Innovative meeting rooms are being rethought to accommodate new ways of working:
- 70% of organizations plan to significantly (or somewhat) increase their investments in open offices in the next two years.
- 55% of organizations plan to significantly (or somewhat) increase the number of their mid to large-size conference rooms in the next two years
- 59% plan to significantly (or somewhat) increase the number of their huddle rooms in the next two years.
What is the Purpose of an Office?
Read IDC’s view on the changing roll and environment of the workplace and how implementing good audio can lead to tangible business outcomes
Vendor Spotlight from IDC
Download the Vendor Spotlight from IDC to understand how improved meeting and conferencing audio solutions can help address meeting room challenges.